The nitty gritty:
December 3, 2005
7 p.m. til late
1050 SE Water Ave
Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served, as well as beer and wine.
This year we’re taking over the world – well, at least part of it. There will be some specific themes for everyone to enjoy:
1) The Bali Room: meet with Bali resident and English ex-pat Nick, and discuss surfing the awesome Bali breaks, how to be a beach bum, or how to live and work overseas. Of course, it’s also a chance to hang out with a genuinely nice bloke.
2) Africa Room: BootsnAll is leading a 30 person expedition up Mt. Kilimanjaro for New Years 2006. Come meet the trip leader and BootsnAll World Adventure specialist (and former Tanzanian ex-pat), Donovan Pacholl. He will have pictures, video and stories about travelling in East Africa, specifically Serengeti safaris and climbing Africa’s highest mountain.
3) Europe/Germany 2006 Room: the Soccer World Cup is coming up in June 2006 and BootsnAll will be in Germany for the entire event. Come meet BootsnAll founder and soccer nut Chris Heidrich. He is the managing editor of the famous World Cup Blog. For Germany 2006, Chris will be managing and editing 32 blog websites – one for each team in the cup (hopefully including Australia this time!). Come drink beer with him and figure out how to get your arse over to Germany to participate in the World’s Greatest Sport.
4) Vegas Room: www.VivaLasVegasBlog.com managing editor and world renowned travel writer, Jen Leo, will be staffing the Vegas Room. Come gamble with her and learn about some hidden secrets for your next time at the tables. Cheap eats, great gambles or even how to have the best bachelor weekend possible.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Other reasons to come if the above is not compelling enough:
1) BootsnAll members and travel nutters from all over the country and world are coming. Come meet people that you don’t know, and who actually are interested in you and your travel dreams.
2) The party will be catered by our friends from Acadia Bistro – New Orleans food at its finest. Yum.
3) Joe E. will be driving up from Berkeley to participate. Come meet the ultimate travel curmudgeon.
4) Rumor has it that Philip Blazdell, the most published BnA writer in our 7 year history, will be coming over to socialize, talk travel, and very possibly make fun of himself and others like no other Pom can.
5) BootsnAll staffer, writer, editor and solo female employee in Portland will be there. Court is obsessed with Eastern Europe. Come meet her and make fun at her attempts to speak Russian.
6) If you come, I will shake you hand and/or give you a hug. There are not enough hugs in this world.
7) Come try the unexpected…I guarantee you will be welcomed and introduced to several people you’ve never met before. If this does not happen, I’ll buy you a beer or glass of Oregon pinot noir (merlot, however, will not be allowed).
8) If you are thinking of traveling for a long period of time, come meet people that have done it, or are also thinking about doing it.
9) There will be a lot of laughing. Laughing is good for you.
10) There will be door prizes. You gotta be there to win it!
11) See the kick off our new program to help sponsor adventurers the world over and fill out a page telling us why you’re a Rogue Traveler.