This afternoon, our long-awaited but brief escape to Utah gets underway. We’ll be making stops at Mesa Verde, Moab, Arches and Canyonlands. More from the road… Here’s the dose:
- Germany’s annual Oktoberfest opens in Munich; drinking spree lasts 18 days
- Travel Bargain of the week to Europe
- Hurricane Lane pummels Mexico
- Surf and Snow in Turkey?
- See what Madonna’s missing: Take a Russian Space Tour.
- Reading for the Road: Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thubron
- Today’s Destination: The new Saudi Arabia?