So, itÂ´s been about a month now, and IÂ´ve discovered once again that I brought too much with me, despite thinking Â¨Wow, this pack seems so lightÂ¨on the first day of our trip. IÂ´ve since changed my tune, and even sent some things back in a box of market purchases that we shipped from Antigua. HereÂ´s what I could have done without…
– The fleece jacket. I was warned that the AC on buses can get cold enough to warrant this light, but bulky item. IÂ´ve found that anything with long sleeves should serve the purpose.
– The inflatable pillow. I canÂ´t sleep on a bus anyway, who was I kidding!
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
– The shortwave radio. CouldnÂ´t pick up anything down here.
– The sleep sheet. Even the dingiest places here had clean sheets.
– Too many toiletries. The American obsession can be tough to break. I havenÂ´t shaved once, but IÂ´ve got all the equipment. And when itÂ´s this humid, IÂ´m not sure that Old Spice deodorant is doing me much good, either.