In general, when a US citizen needs the help of the American Embassy, something went terribly wrong. The American Embassy in Beijing is meant to offer assistance to the US citizens living in China and those traveling to China.
The emergency services offered by the American Embassy include:
- assistance to US citizens arrested or detained in China
- assistance to US citizens victims of crimes in China
- death of a US citizen in China
- emergency transfer of funds
- access to list of lawyers and doctors
- replacement of lost or stolen passport
Other services, such as report of birth, report of death and notary services, are also offered by the embassy.
For emergencies after-hours, if you are in China call: 010-8531-4000. If you are calling from the United States, dial (011-8610) 8531-4000.
US Embassy in Beijing
Mon, Tue, Fri 8:30 a.m. — 12 p.m.; 2 p.m. — 4 p.m.
Wed, Thu 8:30 a.m. — 12 p.m
All routine services are by appointment only.