Even when you’ve made the decision to take a trip to Ireland, there are still some major decisions you’ll need to make – chiefly among them is where you’ll go. It’s not that Ireland is a massive country, but it’s big enough that you’ll need to plan your trip wisely – or plan to spend months there to see it all.
Here are some of the most popular places to go in Ireland:
- Cork – Cork is the largest city in the aptly-named County Cork, and the second-largest city in all of Ireland.
- Dublin – Ireland’s capital city is one of Europe’s most popular “city break” destinations, and although it’s not cheap to be a tourist there, there’s plenty to do and see so you won’t get bored.
- Galway – This western city is the place to be in the summer, when it’s one festival after another.
- Kilkenny – Medieval Kilkenny has a good nightlife scene, not to mention a cathedral and a castle thrown in for good measure.
- Limerick – Limerick also has a cathedral and castle worth visiting, and sports fans will want to check out the local rugby team.
- Waterford – In addition to the famous crystal that comes from Waterford, the city says it’s the oldest one in Ireland.