Top Resources for Traveling in Southeast Asia
A good portion of indie travelers come to Southeast Asia and spend a considerable amount of time there. Those who take round the world trips often plan their trips around spending as time in the region as they can, and with good reason. The relative ease of travel, the budget friendly nature of most countries, the friendliness of the people, and the natural beauty all combine to create the perfect storm for the indie traveler.
Sifting through all the information out there can be maddening, so BootsnAll wanted to simplify it for you. Here are some of the best articles and resources put together by the world’s indie travel leader for traveling in and around Southeast Asia:
- The Southeast Asia Indie Travel Guide will give you tons of great information and links for traveling around the region.
- Buses may be more common, but train travel is a great alternative. Everything You Need to Know About Train Travel in Southeast Asia gives you a look at how to get around via the rails.
- Check out the Vietnam Indie Travel Guide for some great info on traveling in Vietnam.
- Nha Trang ― Vietnam’s Happiest Beach Town, is a fun little beach town that will give you a completely different look and atmosphere than some of the other beach towns in the region.
- Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day is your guide to traveling around one of the world’s up and coming destinations. If you’re going to be in Southeast Asia, it would be a shame to miss out on this amazing country as it’s on the precipice of being the next big thing.
- Is food a big part of traveling for you? Read 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying to see what you may be missing in an underrated country for food.
- Most travelers who come to Southeast Asia go to Cambodia for one reason and one reason only – to see the famous Angkor Wat. While you can and should visit Angkor, there’s so much more to this country. See why in Cambodia on $25 Per Day.
- Vietnam is probably the most common country for those looking to rent a motorbike and explore. But you may consider Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike as well.